Monday, January 10, 2011

The First

I'm going to use this blog to write about the Vision Thing.  Meaning creativity, vision, innovation when and where I find it.  For creative people, burnout is a major hazard.  So one needs to find new sources of inspiration.  And, having worked in the film and video business for many years, I find inspiration in discovering work that is fresh, unusual and outside the expected.  It challenges me to think about what I'm doing with new eyes.
Some specifics:  I work as a video editor and writer.  Started editing in the middle 70s, so I've been doing it for quite some time.  I'm a content person, so if you're looking for cool editing techniques, you won't find them here.  In my world, content is king.  Tech exists to serve it.  And ways of exploring, presenting, parsing and displaying content are what I deal with on a day to day.  But my interests are well beyond the job at hand.  Because we all live and function in a larger world.  So we'll see how it goes, but I'm looking forward to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment